Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Saturday, October 26, 2013

almond butter protein balls

 

I visited a wonderful new place here in Kansas City called t. LOFT.  Some of the RHOSTM and I gathered there on Wednesday morning to “catch up”.  Our resident “foodie”, Anna, planted the seed in mine and Kristen’s mind a couple of weeks ago when we started this amazing 28 Day Detox Boot Camp journey together.  So we called Courtney and Beth who also believe in a healthy and clean eating too.  Oh were we excited and pleased.  First its any kind of tea you could want and the couple that owns the place live a completely Gluten Free lifestyle.  SCORE.  There is no gluten what so ever on the premises. The best part for me is that a fellow Alpha Phi from Washburn, “J”, is doing all the baking and cooking there.  What a blessing to run into “J” that morning.

I sat there looking at the menu like a kid in a toy store.  Gluten Free, Clean and Paleo choices awaited my decision.  I couldn’t believe it I felt like God had planted this little sanctuary right in front of me.  I decided on the suggestion of “For Her” decaf tea and a protein ball.  I love that even had the ingredients listed so I could check and make sure that all items listed were ok on the Detox.  It was an amazing little protein ball.  I thought right away I know I can make these at home for Mr. Miller and I.  So here is what I came up with and added the Fit Essentials Vanilla Protein Powder.

 

007

 Almond Butter Protein Balls

  
1/2 c. almond butter

1/4 c. raw agave nectar or less

1 scoop chocolate Fit Essentials Protein Powder*

1/4 c. ground flax seed

1 c. dry gluten free oats

1 tbsp. coconut oil

Heat the Almond Butter, Coconut Oil and Agave Nectar together. Add protein powder, oats and flax seed. Mix well. I use my food processor. Use Pampered Chef small scoop and make balls. It should make 18 bite size balls.

*may substitute with Vanilla Powder

Put in sealed container keep in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment